Monday, August 20, 2007

The boomerang that went 238 m out and back




Here it is: THE long distance boomerang
It's made from Glassfibre epoxi with a thickness of 3mm. The weight is 71grams.
With this boomerang I won every major long distance (ld) boomerang competition.

It started at the Swiss ld championship at 1st of May 1999 in Kloten (SUI) near the airport, where I managed to throw this boomerang, called "Voyager" 238m out - and back of course!

Further with this boomerang I won the European ld championship in Payerne (SUI) with a distance of 192m.

In 2000, Medlbourne (AUS) I became ld world champion for the first time. The distance there was 199m.

After the german ld championship in 2001 I've never used this boomerang again in competition. I've lost and found it three times (!) during the past years and didn't want to lose this boomerang...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi love the record story I make and sell boomerangs abit more like herbs style of distance throwing which im trying to improve on I like the big full circle flight with a catch have you any tips to help improve the distance on my rangs any input would be greatly received kindest regards james hoy boomerangsuk@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hi love the record story I make and sell boomerangs abit more like herbs style of distance throwing which im trying to improve on I like the big full circle flight with a catch have you any tips to help improve the distance on my rangs any input would be greatly received kindest regards james hoy boomerangsuk@gmail.com